Day of Defeat: Source features multiplayer, team-based gameplay set in the WWII European theatre of operations. Players choose a role and tackle goal-oriented missions based on historical operations.
Day of Defeat: Source takes the classic gameplay of the original Day of Defeat and improves the experience with Source, the advanced engine technology Valve created for Half-Life 2. With this technology, DoD: Source offers state of the art graphics (including support for HDR lighting) in optimized versions of popular maps, plus redesigned sound and all new player, weapon, and world models.
- War Status Report for gameplay statistics
- Completely updated maps to take full advantage of the Source engine
- Integrated physics simulation for realistic gravity, friction, and bouyancy
- Greater detail in textures, models, and surfaces for added realism
- Improved lighting, shadows, and reflections through bump mapping, specular and HDR lighting.
- Completely redesigned user interface
- All new voice, weapon, and ambient sounds